With the temperatures only getting hotter, it's time to rethink hairstyles!
I can't bear to have hair in my face or clinging to the back of my neck when it's sweltering outside, but I'm also trying to get away from the daily ponytail. So I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. See if some of these warm weather styles don't inspire you to try something different.
All of these 'dos have one thing in common (besides being stylish): they're low-maintenance, perfect for the woman who wants to get up, spend a few minutes on hair and head out the door.
- Pull natural curls back with a headband like Sophie Okonedo.
- Lisa Gay Hamilton has the right idea with a short, summer-ready 'do.
- Get a cornrow extensions style like Ciara. This only requires covering at night.
- Not your average pony, this high Alicia Keys style keeps hair off the face and out of the way.
- Let your natural curls shine, like Barbara Mamabolo.
- Monica has a different take on a braided style.
- Short locs like India Arie's will keep you cool.
- Follow Viola Davis' lead and you'll be ready to go in no time.
Do you have a favorite low-maintenance style that works for you? Tell us about it!
(Photo credit: rubberball/Getty Images)