- I just did my big chop 10/2/13 and I have about an inch of hair. Unsure of what to do next, but glad I did it
- —Guest Kristen
- I want to thank Big Chop Coming Soon. My husband is not on board but there is something to be said about getting older and feeling you're in another place. I too am new to transitioning and have decided to cut in between braiding in hopes that by February I can cut what's remaining. I am a little nervous because I don't even remember how to take care of my natural hair since Ive been relaxed so long. I do know however that there is a lot of support and am glad to be taking better care of myself by going natural.
- —Guest #cant wait
i want to do my big chop but i am scared
- I have been transitioning from March to date but I had natural hair for a year before and when I got pregnant, I permed my hair again due to pregnancy hormones.........lol. I am scared to cut my hair now but I can't stand the different textures of my hair now. I need some support...............sigh
IM NOT SURE
- Well I'm really not sure if I want to do the big chop. I know it's probably the best thing to do right now but I don't know if I'm ready. My hair has never been that short. Currently, my hair is above the shoulder and I have about an inch and a half of new growth. I just don't know what the next step should be.
- —Guest Nyjae
Big Chop 2013
- Well I am a novice I feel when it comes to natural hair. I got the BC May of this year, tomorrow will actually be four months since my BC. I remember feeling as if I was starting over new. Leaving behind my relaxed hair and everything that happened within those of years of me being relaxed. I felt a sense of freedom and pride that is still present now. My sister actually cut my hair for me. I had a lot of support from her and my friends who are all natural. I also wanted to make sure that I was doing this for myself, not because I was seeing other people doing it. But I thought that it was one of the best decisions that I've made. I'm loving my natural hair :)
- —Guest Shante
My Big Chop
- On August 8th I did my 3rd big chop in 2 years. I have finally made up my mind that I want to be a natural. I cut it all the way down - after 1 month of transitioning. I can't wait to see the length but in the mean time I am rocking my TWA.
- —Guest God"s Girl
Yes I big chopped!
- So I finally big chopped after 2 months of transitioning! I love it but my boyfriend hates it! He says I look like a boy and never wants me to cut my hair again. I must admit that hurts but I love what I've done and though it's hard without the support of your loved ones there is no turning back. What's done is done and now I can move forward with my hair journey. I'm excited :-)
- —Guest MyHairDontCare
DID THE BIG CHOP AUGUST 8 2013
- LOVE. LIKE IT, wish I did it sooner, need it big, when I was little I had natural hair until I turned 18, I went to texas and cut it all off my head, now 20 yrs later I am cutting it again
- —Guest linda 2013
I Did it and i am So proud of myself!
- I did it today(8-7-13)! After 10 months of transitioning, I couldn't wait anymore to see my real hair texture! I'm so happy because it's the start of a new me. I don't care about people's opinion. Now, it's me and myself! Yaaaayyy!
- —Guest Mekissa 92
- Ok, so after about 4 months in transition I did the big chop 12-13-12 and on this day I began to get so fed up with the transition look and was ready for a perm. I went and brought it and gathered all the supplies. My GF on the other hand wasn't to thrilled about me wanting to get the perm after so much work with transitioning. So she finally convinced me to do it and I was happy for the first 5 months but little by little I'm really starting to regret it. I miss my hair and the things i could do with it. I'm not knocking being natural or anything I'm just more in love with the idea than the actual concept. Simply for the fact that when it comes to my hair I have ADHD. It can't look the same for too long. I just screwed myself for convenience :-(
- —Guest Love
Finally its happened to me
- I big chopped in Nov of 2009. I remember I was going to try and just transition but after 3 months I couldn't wait any longer. I was ready to see my kinks. So me and my roomie went to the beauty shop and I DID IT!! Once I looked in the mirror I can't explain the feeling I felt. It was excitement and amazement and complete awe. I loved what I saw and I was ready to start my journey. Now almost 4 years later I'm not where I want to be length wise but I've gained more length than I have since I was 12 yrs old! Good luck on your journey
- —Guest Jasmine
I am not my hair #IndiaArie
- I just BigChopped yesterday morning when I woke up. I was expecting to wait at least a year to transition, but was also eager to see my natural curl pattern. After 4 months of transitioning and trying a truck load of different hair products, I woke up yesterday morning and no one could talk me out of it. It's like it was now or never. My family and friends are being supportive and I am excited to see the possibilities!
- —Guest MeeMyself I
- On April 15, 2013, I actually big chopped. Well! I actually bald my entire head. Several years ago, I had some surgery which left my scalp hair thin in the top, and thin spots on the left and right sides in the front. Then, I started taking taking vitamins, drinking plenty of water, eating more fruits and vegetables, walking four times per week, using garlic and cayenne pepper, and olive oil treatments on my scalp. The thin spots are coming back thick and strong, and growing back nicely. I use the cayenne and olive oil treatment twice a week. My hair grows slow. It is now July 2013, I can just begin to twist or braid it. This part of my scalp was dormant. Now! The scalp has been rejuvenated. With taking the vitamins, and hair and scalp treatments, I have seen a tremendous changes. I will never put a perm in my hair again. Now! I am just waiting on it to grow longer. I like to thank everyone who post their hair issues. For years, I thought that I was by myself.
- —Guest Guest
2013 Independence Day Big Chop
- I decided that I no longer wanted perm in my hair. My last perm was July 2012. I originally thought that I would simply let it grow out. What a mess. Finally, after chatting it up with a recently new natural I did the big chop on July 4, 2013. Now I am far less stressed about my hair but to be perfectly clear I had to get there. I'm smiling. It is fair to say that day I celebrated my independence.
- —Guest LolitaC
Big Chop Coming Soon
- Hello Hello..... I am so excited about my Natural Hair Care Journey. My last relaxer was Oct 19th, 2012 and have been transitioning for 9 months. I have box braids right now but when I take these out I am going to transition until Jan. then I am going to BC. My husband isn't on board yet but I have been showing him that hair grows back. I am so excited and proud of myself. I have always had long hair but as I'm getting older I am just in a different space about who I am and what I am about. I can't wait to do the BC. Love being natural :)
- —Guest Guest North Carolina